Bettman makes another horrible decision.

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League announced today that chart-topping rock band Nickelback will headline the 2012 NHL Awards -- the League's annual, post season awards show -- with two performances on Wednesday, June 20 at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas.

This will mark Nickelback's return engagement to NHL Awards and its first performance on the NHL's Las Vegas stage since the NHL Awards moved to the world-famous destination in 2009. The band's performance at the 2002 NHL Awards in Toronto helped launch its career as the top-selling band of the last decade.

"As die-hard hockey fans, we can never get enough of the NHL, even when we're on tour. And there is nothing more exciting for hockey fans than the Playoffs. The NHL Awards is the culmination of celebrating the best players and moments the season has produced. We're honored and humbled to perform at the 2012 NHL Awards in Las Vegas," said Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.

Watch video message from Nickelback
Nickelback's performance is part of a strategic promotional alliance between the League and the band. The partnership also calls for the integration of Nickelback's music into highlight reels during the upcoming Stanley Cup Conference Finals and promotion of the NHL on Nickelback's digital and social media platforms.

Currently on a North American tour, Nickelback has achieved a prestigious place in music history, having sold nearly 50 million albums worldwide. Since their 2001 breakthrough hit song "How You Remind Me," Nickelback has sent more than 20 singles rocketing onto various Billboard charts. In 2009, Billboard named Nickelback "Top Group of the Decade." Their now-classic album All the Right Reasons insured Nickelback an indelible place in rock history: it spent a staggering 112 consecutive weeks in the Top 30 of the Billboard Top 200, was certified eight-times platinum in the U.S. with more than 11 million copies sold worldwide, and topped the charts in four countries. All the Right Reasons spun off seven multi-format singles and made Nickelback the first band in Nielsen BDS history to send five singles onto the CHR charts.

The 2012 NHL Awards will honor the best regular-season players in a wide range of categories, including most valuable player (Hart Trophy), outstanding goaltender (Vezina Trophy), outstanding defenseman (Norris Trophy) and outstanding rookie (Calder Trophy); the Ted Lindsay Award, formerly known as the Lester B. Pearson Award, which is presented annually to the "most outstanding player" in the NHL as voted by fellow members of the National Hockey League Players' Association, will also be awarded.

The 2012 NHL Awards will be televised live in the U.S. on NBC Sports Network and on CBC in Canada. Sirius XM Satellite Radio will provide radio coverage. NHL Network and NHL.com will provide extensive coverage of the 2012 NHL Awards festivities. NHL Network will host exclusive live coverage of the 2012 NHL Awards Red Carpet show prior to the event.

Nominees for each Award, along with a full line up of celebrity guests, presenters and entertainment, will be announced in the coming weeks. For more information, visit www.nhl.com/awards.

Code: Select all

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628770

Re: Bettman makes another horrible decision.

Storm13 wrote:
D-S wrote:
Cotton McKnight wrote:By the way, what is up with this site not being as mobile friendly as the last site?
Because Obama.
I hated the old site on my phone. No way to display pictures, embedding, etc. This one is MUCH better.
Don't get me wrong, I like the loads of bandwidth, but what phone did you have (iPhone) that would not let everything on the last site. No that was not a question, it might have been rhetorical. I my phone does not like typing on this website, I cannot complete words, and every software keyboard I try just freaks out on this site. lol But I am sure flash and java will still work on this one for me.