Rattie assigned to Wolves?

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 11m11 minutes ago
Per AHL transactions, #stlblues assigned Jaskin, Rattie & Edmundson to Chicago to make them eligible for AHL playoffs. Then recalled them.

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 8m8 minutes ago
Correx: Rattie assigned to Chicago, not recalled according to AHL transactions, just assigned to Wolves. #stlblues

Kid has 4 goals in 13 games...Jaskin and Paajarvi has 5 in over 90. I don't get it

Re: Rattie assigned to Wolves?

Dave's a mess wrote:Isn't Reaves due back next game? I assume this means Lehtera is good to go and they're more comfortable with Jaskin sitting in the press box than Rattie. Fine by me.
Reaves is due back, yes. I'd rather play Rattie over him though honestly. But I understand why they don't do that. I feel Rattie has shown he can play in a non-scoring role, not be a liability, and even get some chances. Reaves this year has just been...not good IMO.

Let's not anoint him the next big thing just yet. Most of his goals are deflections off of some body part, and not because he made a good shot. Yes, yes, yes...he puts himself in a good position, goes into the dirty areas, and all the rest of those cliches, but yesterday's goal was the first real shot for a goal in a while. Right before his last call-up from the Wolves, he got hit with a puck that deflected in.
I'm hoping he scores more with his stick than his ass before we see him again. At least he's still a Blue, and not given away for some 34 year old washed up d-man who will retire or sign with Arizona next year. Now's when the real head-hunting starts...not quite sure he's ready for that just yet.

I'm all about younger,hungrier, faster, cheaper... been saying YHFC since last season's playoff exit, but as things stand right now and heading into the playoffs, it's better for his development to be playing a more meaningful role in Chicago, than trying to be a fourth-line grinder here. He's in the next-man-up rotation which is a good thing, but he hasn't done anything to make you say we've got to keep him up here yet. One of these times, hopefully, he'll take someone's job...just hasn't shown the ability yet.

Turk Sanderson wrote:Now's when the real head-hunting starts...not quite sure he's ready for that just yet.
This.

I'd rather rattie develop more in the ahl playoffs where that competition gets stiffer, than watch nhl games with an injury.

Real question is, which blue will get taken out by a cheap shot and which linemates will bitch out of retaliation?
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

I'm really not trying to anoint the guy or whatever, and I'm not expecting him to be here when the playoffs start (assuming Steen is back).

The point is, we suck at scoring. We suck even worse at scoring with Steen out. We are playing two boderline NHLers right now who have 5 goals in 92 games between the two of them. Meanwhile, they are sending a guy down who has 4 in his last 8 up here, 4 in 13 total. I don't care if the puck is deflecting off of him and going in or whatever it is thats causing him to score--he's still going to the right areas and he is SCORING. All those goals count for the same in games, and Jaskin/Paajarvi still have only managed 5 between the two of them.

Look, I'm not saying we should fire Army or whatever over this. Its a guy who would probably just be temporarily playing on the 4th line. But we've had 3 "scoring" type forwards bounce between the AHL and NHL this year. The two that aren't producing have gotten the bulk of the playing time. I'm sorry, but there is no way you can cut that that is going to justify it for me.

CaptSMRT wrote:Does anyone think Rattie may be going down so he gets more ice time and that he will be brought back up when the rosters get extended?
I do, at least I hope so.

Last season, Jaskin clearly was further along in his development and he got rewarded for it by getting lots of ice time. This year, the opposite is true, Jaskin has regressed while Rattie is actually quite a bit better. It makes no sense for him to be sent down unless it is strictly to get lots of ice time so he's ready to step in during the playoffs. Meanwhile Jaskin and MPS can take turns riding the pine.

CaptSMRT wrote:Does anyone think Rattie may be going down so he gets more ice time and that he will be brought back up when the rosters get extended?
Yes, and with Reaves returning, MPS and Jaskin both subject to waiver claims, and Rattie NOT, it made more sense to send Rattie down, so as not to lose some of thier forward depth. The rosters will be expanded in a matter of days, and Rattie will be brought up again.

Robb_K wrote:
Yes, and with Reaves returning, MPS and Jaskin both subject to waiver claims, and Rattie NOT, it made more sense to send Rattie down, so as not to lose some of thier forward depth. The rosters will be expanded in a matter of days, and Rattie will be brought up again.
Unless Jaskin was only a couple of games away from requiring waivers, I don't think he requires waivers. He didn't when he went down in February.

Robb_K wrote:
I don't think anyone should be worried about Paajarvi being picked up on waivers.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 11m11 minutes ago
Per AHL transactions, #stlblues assigned Jaskin, Rattie & Edmundson to Chicago to make them eligible for AHL playoffs. Then recalled them.

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 8m8 minutes ago
Correx: Rattie assigned to Chicago, not recalled according to AHL transactions, just assigned to Wolves. #stlblues

Kid has 4 goals in 13 games...Jaskin and Paajarvi has 5 in over 90. I don't get it
If you want to score goals, as you should, Rattie doesn't go back.

Right?

Playing for the zero?

Or afraid to "lose" Paajarvi on waivers?

Ha.

We're not that lucky.

I do know that they usually play on opposite sides, but you can adjust for that.

Robb_K wrote:
From your lips to Army's ears.

Time will tell.

I don't think Hitch likes / trusts him.

He got leap-frogged by Fabbri, and doesn't play as physical as Jaskin or as fast as Magpie. It's up to him if he wants to be an NHL'er or not. He has to make himself irreplaceable....at this point in time he hasn't. If he's a goal scorer, he needs to score some real goals...with his stick and not his ass.

Turk Sanderson wrote:He got leap-frogged by Fabbri, and doesn't play as physical as Jaskin or as fast as Magpie. It's up to him if he wants to be an NHL'er or not. He has to make himself irreplaceable....at this point in time he hasn't. If he's a goal scorer, he needs to score some real goals...with his stick and not his ass.
Tough to do that with no ice time.

Playing on the fourth line.

Even tougher to score goals in the NHL while playing in the AHL.

That would be a feat.

WebSant wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:http://www.chicagowolves.com/team/statistics/
Looks to me like he gets plenty of ice-time in Chicago and those numbers don't exactly scream goal-scorer to me. He's gotta want it more than the next guy, that's all.
How would you rate Paajarvi vs. Rattie playing in the NHL this season?

Not close, in my opinion.

How would you rate their potential in the NHL?

Also not close, in my opinion.
You answered your own question. If he cant steal Magpie's job, he's not trying hard enough.