Corey Hirsch on Sirius NHL Radio

I didn't catch much of it, but he had some interesting comments this morning when talking about his tenure as goalie coach in St. Louis:

Brian Elliott - Called him a very "athletic" goaltender, a very good student, and a great guy to work with. I think "athletic" is probably a bit of a stretch, but I can easily believe that he is a good student.

Jaro Halak - Called him "difficult" and clarified to say that he was a nice guy, but he was very stubborn and was difficult to teach.

Ryan Miller - Said he was "10 years behind where we expected" and clarified by saying that they thought they would be getting the more aggressive 2005 Ryan Miller, and that they only had 5 practices the entire time he was here to work on his game. He went on to say that it has taken the Vancouver goalie coach over a year to finally get Miller's game back to where it needs to be in terms of challenging shooters.

[rant]
Now those of you who know me from the Asylum know that I am one of the most level headed posters out there in terms of the good and the bad with Doug Armstrong. I think he's made some mistakes but I also realize that all GMs make bad deals from time to time. But how in the world do you bring a guy in and give up what we gave up for what the "regime" referred to as a 10% improvement and you haven't scouted the guy well enough to know that his game is "10 years behind" where you would have thought it was. Maybe Hirsch is just talking out of his ass on this (it has been known to happen) but to me that is a huge red flag about something that I already feared and that is that our entire pro scouting staff is complete crap at what they do. And even though he may have been relying on these clowns to get him good information, clearly the onus is on Army (they work for him) to make sure that he does his homework before pulling the trigger on a deal.
[/rant]