Re: John Oliver on cities building sports facilities

Just watched it, and he makes a lot of good points. Unfortunately as long as politicians are involved I really don't have much hope for change. At some point it is going to take federal involvement because local politicians and very rich men want to keep this charade going.

No offense to anyone here, but I don't have much faith in the public to vote no on these ridiculous stadiums using public money. The owners take advantage of the fans' passion.

Re: John Oliver on cities building sports facilities

rcbcmr wrote:Never will understand hoe using public money to build a 500 million $ stadium in St. Louis helps out a 7.25$ an hour worker in Branson. Not like he can afford a ticket. That's not putting his tax dollars to work for him. But I guess million and billionaires need to eat too.
There will always be some people who don't benefit as much as others.

In the end, the state would have to decide if the total benefits outway the total costs. They can't worry about a guy in Branson.

In the end, I have a hard time believing the state of Missouri will be better off without the Rams. 2 NFL teams is a big deal for the state.