Manon Rheaume’s Life Story Turned Movie: "Between The Pipes"

Manon Rheaume’s life story set to hit the big screen
By: Ken Campbell on June 7, 2015

TAMPA – Just the other day, Manon Rheaume went to get the oil changed on her car at a garage near her home in suburban Detroit. While she sat in the waiting room, one of the grease monkeys came out from the back with the work order in his hand. "He was looking at the name and he looked at me and said, ‘Are you the hockey player?’ " Rheaume said. "He was like, ‘I used to have a poster of you on my wall.’ And I was thinking, ‘This is weird, you know?’ " ...

Rheaume was at Game 2 of the Stanley Cup final as a guest of the Lightning and did the rounds promoting the film, of which she is an associate producer. She had not been in Tampa since the fall of 1993 when she played in her second of two exhibition games with the Lightning and a lot has changed since then. In 1992, the Lightning was an expansion team looking to make a splash in the marketplace and was owned by Phil Esposito, whose chutzpah and promoting skills managed to both get Japanese investors to put their money into a hockey team and to convince the NHL’s board of governors to let him in. ...

When Rheaume met with independent film writer and producer Angie Bullaro a year ago to talk about making a film of her life, they hit it off right away. Bullaro will also play Rheaume in the movie and has been getting a crash course on goaltending from former NHLer Steve Valiquette, who is also an associate producer for the movie. ...

Read more at: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/manon ... ig-screen/
Movie Teaser from the "Between The Pipes" website ...

[youtube][/youtube]