Re: Hitch officially back

I am with everyone that wants to see change and I've teeter-tottered on my feelings of wanting to see Hitch back as coach. Don't have to worry about it now, and I am OK with this. It now shifts attention to the real problem IMO and that is the roster, specifically the old core. How will it be addressed I don't know, but seeing how tough the Western Conference is and will continue to be, we may need to look at addressing these issues in this draft. Even if that means taking a couple of steps back next season to move 3 steps forward after.

This is nothing but a good thing. Can't wait for Army to deliver us some new presents soon. Feels like Christmas is coming soon!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:This is nothing but a good thing. Can't wait for Army to deliver us some new presents soon. Feels like Christmas is coming soon!
Agreed.

I'm not anti-Hitch, but I definitely think that Shaw and Bennett need to go, as well as some of the old core of players. This team needs a new identity.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:I can think of one poster over at the asylum whose head is probably exploding right now...
Let me guess? "In the Crease"?

"Suck a dick Johansen"

MIZDSP wrote:Throwing out a hypothetical here. If the roster doesn't change outside of a minor move or two, will you buy any tickets next season?
Yeah I will. I still love going to the games and if I got through 2005-06 I can certainly get through this season. Disappointing hockey is still hockey. I'm addicted, no helping me. :D

MIZDSP wrote:Throwing out a hypothetical here. If the roster doesn't change outside of a minor move or two, will you buy any tickets next season?
Yes; to the Lightning 10 pack. No GameCenter for me next season unless there is a HUGE shakeup. Seriously. I'm done with DA and this leadership group as of this moment. Maybe by October I'll change my tune based on who they put on the roster, but I just don't see Hitch and/or DA going 'younger, faster, cheaper' as Turk and others have rightfully suggested.

I'm sad, and upset now.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I have season tickets with my buddies...so yes, I will still. I won't be happy with the team exactly, but I am not going to let that stop me from enjoying hockey and what not. Fans not buying tickets isn't going to make the Blues trade players or anything like that either.

I didn't buy any tickets this year until the playoffs! I have full confidence the roster is changing and I expect at least one big "Wow" deal to happen. Trotting out the same lineup with Hitch would be a disaster from a fan perspective. Stillman is smarter than that. He's not going to allow that to happen.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:This is nothing but a good thing. Can't wait for Army to deliver us some new presents soon. Feels like Christmas is coming soon!
+2. I'm hoping for a second line center (once we move Backes to Stastny's wing), and a big change to a more physical defensive core.

you're a LOT more optimistic than I am my friend. I just don't see DA being able to move, or more specifically, wanting to make the kind of moves that we think they should.

I just don't have faith in DA anymore to make the right kind of moves to build a team. Assemble a good bunch of skill? Yes. But this current roster he has built is such a mish-mash of everything.

Teams biggest issue IMO has been and still is identity. Hoping you are right though Tim, because from my now negative viewpoint, it's looking more like April Fools & Groundhog Day combined.
"Do Only Good Everyday"